Sunday, September 27, 2009

Show and Tell Tuesday

About a week ago I went to an antique street fair in Roseville put on by The Tattered House. Every single booth was wonderful! On my way out, just about when I thought I'd seen it all, I spotted this birdhouse and it's stand. The person running the booth was on a break, so I negotiated with her husband--and bless his heart, he has no idea what a great deal he gave me.
Anyway, I decided to line the bottom with some wrapping paper that I love. I had lined my desk drawer with it, and had some left over. After I lined the bottom of the birdcage, I added a birdnest and a battery operated candle (with timer!). Okay, some people might not care for the battery operated candles, but I love them-- especially the ones with a timer! (QVC is where I buy mine!)
This is the base of the stand. I really like it. The design is not too fussy, but decorative enough for me.
This is the whole stand. I haven't hung the art yet because I still need to paint the walls. I feel like everything is on hold until those walls are painted!
These are two more finds from the street fair-- a plant stand and a hand-made broom. The vendor said she bought the broom in England. I love the broom because it reminds me of Harry Potter. I'm going to use it as a Halloween decoration! I'd like to put a collection of pumpkins on the plant stand for fall. I'm thinking that if I purchase fake carvable pumpkins, I can carve one side for Halloween, and then turn them around for Thanksgiving. What do you think?
As you can see, I don't have landscaping in my front yard, but I do have some fall decor out there! I had a tree removed (one of many projects around here), and no longer have a lawn. I'm hoping to get it landscaped soon so I don't have a mudslide on my hands!
Just a little gratuitous picture of Hagrid. He just makes me smile. I hope he makes you smile too!

13 comments:

kimsminiatures said...

Oh yeah he makes me smile everytime. Hugs and squeezes for you and your cute Hagrid. Kim

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Jill, your birdcage looks fantastic! Love that wrapping paper. Can't believe you can buy fake carvable pumpkins!!
Mercedes

Claudia said...

Oh, Jill, love the plant stand and the birdcage is beautiful! I love what you did with it. And Hagrid - adorable.

Kim said...

That birdcage is awesome! I love the paper you lined it with! I have to say that I think the best picture is the one of Hagrid peeking through the gate though. He is such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

I'm GRINNING! So cute, hee hee! And that wrapping paper you used is really lovely! I don't think I would be able to use it for a bird cage though :/

in vogue said...

Super fun to see these fun Show & Tell updates, then see them in person! Haggie looks especially handsome too! Love the bird cage lining!!! Happy Autumn!
K

kathi said...

Great finds! I love the birdcage!
I've never had any luck finding one.
Hagrid is so cute! That IS a good photo of him!
My furry bunch sends belated birthday wishes!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Kathi

Lynne said...

Awww, of course he does........!
and you are working so hard on your sweet house-
Lynne

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Jill!!!

GUESS WHAT? You won the $100 Hobby Lobby Giveaway at The Katillac Shack! YEAAAAHHHH!

BTW I love Hagrid and her name SOOOOOOOO
suits her!

Please e-mail me your address so I can send you your prize....love, kelee

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

I love the bird cage and boy I bet that hubby got an ear full after selling it so cheap! Your Hagrid is so cute and I'm sure Lulu and him would have a blast running around together!
Hugs~Kelly

Jo said...

What lovely finds! I love the birdcage, I always wanted a birdcage with finches - I love the little sound they make. I think your plant stand will look fabulous with pumpkins on.

Robyn said...

Hagrid is absolutely GORGEOUS! Your birdcage is lovely as well!

bird cage said...

Thank you for useful information.Very beautiful picture.