Thursday, March 4, 2010

Okay, I Can't Wait Any Longer...

I've got to show you my squares for "39 Squares"! First, I measured and drew my squares. Amy chose to do 39 squares in honor of her upcoming birthday, but I'm going for 40 squares. I'm not 40, it just turned out this way. Then the fun began...
My first square--- well, my second version of my first square. I ripped out my first version because it was... well, it was not going so well. I hadn't embroidered since the time I was a Girl Scout in grade school. As you can see, I just picked up where I left off. In other words, it looks like a kid embroidered this. Oh well, I'll just call it "rustic" and it's all good.
I was afraid of using all my best ideas in the first week, so I decided to split it up with this random stripe pattern. I don't know what this stitch is called, but after looking at some other work, I see that I had the basic idea but I didn't technically do it correctly. Oh well, it looks rustic, eh?
Okay, now we're having some fun!! I love the french knots. In fact, I think that I'm addicted to making them. I think I like them because they have the word "french" in the name, and I can pretend to be french when I'm stitching. Ooooh, la la! Oui! Oui! Okay, that's all the french I know.
Square #4-- A cute ceramic button with some lattice going on. Oh, and more french knots!

And here's a look at it all together! I'm lovin' this project-- I've been stitching during American Idol. It's just too fun! When this project is over, it's going to be hard to watch television without having something to stitch. Well, I hope you've enjoyed a peek at my squares. I'm off to stitch now...
Hugs,

13 comments:

Connie said...

Wow, Jill, love your stitching squares! I joined in 39 squares too...isn't this fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your squares! I especially love the color scheme:D

rosanna said...

It's fun and nice. It's going to be very very pretty and really like it. Keep us informed of the going ons Rosanna

Kathi said...

How pretty! I wish I knew how to do all of those stitches! Can't wait to see what you do next! :D

Debbie said...

Love the Cup Cake Jill.. x

Claudia said...

Jill, these are wonderful! It looks to me like you are a fabulous embroiderer! Isn't this fun?

xo
Claudia

I love the lattice work!

Kim said...

they are so adorable! I love to make french knots too- something therapeutic about it- so calming :)

Lynne said...

sweeeeeet!

Tania Pelletier said...

Your squares are so sweet! I love that cupcake!

Tania

Carey said...

This is just so beautiful. The colors and stitches are perfect. It even matches your blog. Love the cupcake and button. Nice job!
Hugs,
Carey

serendipity said...

lov the cupcake
joan

serendipity said...

thanx for your comment much appreciated, luv yer squares so colourful and cheerful.
ciao
joan in italy

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

You'll just have to keep on stitching Jill, it's all too cute.
LOVE that cupcake!!!
Mercedes