Last Thursday, Marsha (aka: Dancing Queen) from Sassy Mini Dolls awarded me this "Honest Scrap"award. Sassy Marsha is a fabulous doll artist and she has a wonderful blog. In fact, she is the friend that help me set up this blog! She's kinda' my bloggy mentor... and soon-to-be-neighbor!
Okey-doke. I understand I have to divulge to you guys 10 things that you don't know about me.
1. I took disco lessons in the 6th grade. Okay, just two lessons. I can do the hustle and the bump... and not that well.
2. I lived in Japan for a year and a half. I use to speak Japanese fairly fluently, but you know that saying, "If you don't use it, you lose it...". I still occasionally think and dream in Japanese though.
3. I have to close my eyes during those disgusting commercials that show dust mights, germs, soap scum, and clogged pipes. Yuck!!!
4. I don't like those old-fashioned toilets with the tank up high on the wall. Don't know why, but they disturb me. Just don't like them. at. all.
5. Okay, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.... I love my dog. Okay, you probably knew that. Something that I hadn't realized prior to adopting him was that I was actually lonely. I had never thought of myself as lonely, but after I adopted Haggie I realized that I really had been.
6. Creativity is like air to me. It's driving me crazy to live out of boxes. I can't craft, cook, or decorate while I'm in "moving limbo".
7. I've wanted a little house of my own all my life. Yes, I was that little girl that created cool little houses and lofts for my barbies and dreamt of having a little house of my own... with a garden, sun room, and courtyard. Now that I'm about to achieve this dream, it feels so surreal. I'm so excited, yet nervous. Okay, I have to remember... breathe, believe, receive...
8. I watch reality television. Specifically, I watch "Dancing with the Stars", "So You Think You Can Dance", and the mother-of-all-reality-shows "American Idol". I watch them while on the phone with my best-good-friend Joyce. We give our own critiques throughout the show, and during commercials we catch up on things and occasionally make fun of Simon ("That was very cabaret... that reminded me of something you would see on a cruise ship"... you get the picture.) We actually went to the American Idol Live concert last Friday! We've always said that we should, and this year there were enough rockers to make it worth it. (Adam & Kris, you rock!) It was a great show!
Oh, I think I should add, I also watch "The Bachelor". I know, I know, it's sick. It exploits the women that choose to be exploited. I just can't help myself. You will not, however, find me watching "More to Love". I just can't bare to watch it. I bare too much resemblance to those girls. Just. too. painful.
9. I've never been married... and I'm in a space in my life where I'm okay with that. I'd like to think that I'm "the one that got away." Makes me feel better somehow, and in some cases it's actually been true. ;)
10. I'm a recovering packrat. So many cute things, so little space. Needless to say, I'm still in recovery. (I've got a whole darn Joann's Superstore- craft store- boxed up in my garage right now.)
Well, that's it. Probably more than you needed to know, but it is what it is! Okay, now I'm suppose to pass this award on to five fabulous bloggers. I think that I will just pass this on to any of my followers who would like to participate. Don't be shy, it actually makes for a fun post!
[+] Kitchen Floor Tile Design Ideas Brown
4 hours ago