Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Spy... and a recent find!

Okay, so I haven't spied any fairies in the fairy garden, but I saw these sneaky little guys the other day. Okay, so I put them there. I just can't help myself, I love them.
The other day I saw these adorable mushrooms and gnomes at Target in the garden section. They're by Sean Conway-- love his stuff!

I loved tucking them in around the courtyard. This one's near my front door, keeping watch.

...And this one's taking a nap! How cute is that?! Okay, here's something else that's cute! Check out my little find the other day...
Are these the cutest coasters you've ever seen?! They're too cute to just rest a drink on, so I'm going to use them around the house for other purposes also... in the kitchen as a spoon rest for my coffee creamer spoon, in the bathroom as jewelry dish for my random rings and earrings... you get the idea. I'm really big on actually using and repurposing items that I bring home from my favorite antique/vintage shops!
On the stitching home front... I just repaired-- I mean finished--a square. I'll post it when I have more squares completed. I've got to find a specific floss that got chewed on by Hagrid when I wasn't looking. It's silver, but soft not wiry. I've tried to salvage what was left after Haggie got to it, but I'm getting a lot of short strings! Grrrrr... so frustrating!
I hope that you're enjoying your weekend-- I think I'll be heading over to my favorite garden nursery this afternoon, and then taking Haggie for a walk with his best friend, Gracie the great dane!
Hugs,

6 comments:

Connie said...

Jill, love your little garden with the added polka dot mushrooms and cute gnomes! I picked up some of these at Target as well. I've got to create a small garden for them.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

HI Jill, I'm lovin' your blog. It's my first visit and I enjoyed looking at your little fairy garden and your sampler below that! Wow...your little blocks are beautiful and I loved looking at everyone of them! I will be your next follower and look forward to many more visits!
Blessings,
Debbie

Tallulah Belle said...

How cute. My hubby loves gnomes...might have to take a trip to target :-)

We have a bigger one showing his bum :-)

The coasters are lovely as well.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

He looks so cute peeking out!

xxoo

Lisa said...

Hi Jill,
SO CUTE! I kind of have an obsession with red polka dot mushrooms. Yours are super cute along with your little gnomes. Hagrid chewed your floss? Well... look on the bright side, sparkly poo!

Heehee, can't wait to see your squares!

Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you like the pillow, isn't that book great? I held out for a long time, but gave in in the end.
Toodles!
Lisa

Alison said...

Jill,
I've got the gnomes and mushrooms, too! I picked them up at Target a couple of weeks ago - love them!! They look darling in your pots! :)
Alison