Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where Jill Likes to Chill...

This swing is my new favorite place to "hang out" and read. It's soooo comfortable-- and look-- it even has a handy-dandy cup holder!
I wasn't sure I was going to plant a garden this year, but I couldn't walk by a garden center without stopping. With so many things that need to be done in my yard, I could hardly justify starting a vegetable garden-- but there I was, looking over all those beautiful heirloom tomatoes-- so I broke down and bought some.

You know what happens next... I walked over to the veggies and lost all control. I just had to have that lemon cucumber, pattipan squash, and the french zucchini. I also threw some nasturtiums and zinnias into the mix. Those little red mushrooms in the lower right corner? Those are fake. Mr. Squirrel (or Mr. Cat--ugh) have decided to dig right there, so I thought the mushrooms might deter them. So far, it seems to be kind of working. Kind of.

Here, you can see just how much work needs to be done-- weeds to be pulled, path to be re-constructed, funky landscape plants to be dug up, new landscape to be designed and installed... the list goes on and on. There is potential though, don't you think? It's just going to be a lot of work.
Oh Haggie, how I wish I could get some manual labor out of you...
Hugs,

9 comments:

Kim said...

lol Jill- I feel your pain- although I am lucky enough to have a sweet hubby that helps me with the hard part of the projects I dream up-but the cats and dogs never help! I love your little garden-you'll be so glad you caved in and planted a little bit- I know that you know how much joy gardening brings :) I love your yard- I wish I could come and help you plan and plant. I could just come to CA and travel back and forth between you and Jayne from Tallulah Belle- I would be in gardening heaven! Love your swing too ♥

Elyse said...

tons of potential and it looks great already!

xo
elyse

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

So much joy and hope in gardening! Love your swing seat!

Moth balls will keep cats off garden beds, they hate the smell.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Jill, enjoyed my visit! Lots of pretty things to look at! Love your sampler, fairy garden and your dog! Hugs, Maryjane

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Your garden looks great! Love the Nasturtiums and your cute dog!

Connie said...

Well, dog my cat, sugar, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!! It's so nice to meet ya, chick, so don't be a stranger now, ya hear....
:-) <-------Me smiling at ya...
xoxo,
Connie

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Jill!

The cats poop in my patch and Oliver helps remove it!

Love your little vegetable box!

love, kele

sophia said...

Aw, what a sweet place to hang out! I would love to swing on that chair, cozying up with iced lemon tea and a good book!

Best of luck with your gardening! :-)

C said...

Your vegetable garden looks great! Have to laugh about the cats though - love your solution!!
Carol :)