Sunday, August 2, 2009

A new home for my little house

The Little Pink House has a new home in my new house-- the sun room! This is just a little sneak peak at my studio-sun room... do you like the color of the walls? They use to be a dark gold color. In fact, most of the house is a dark gold... with accent walls of rust and navy blue, and green. Needless to say, those aren't "my colors". I tend to gravitate towards "coastal colors", so my house is in transformation mode. My bedroom is now a really soft blue. (Looks great with my white iron bed frame.) The main house walls will be a soft light tan color with white trim. I think I'm going to do the kitchen in an aqua-ish color. Ah, so many ideas... I'm just going to have to chip away at them a little at a time.


My parents and my nephew, Derek, came down this weekend to help me with the house. My dad was a HUGE help with getting all the new door hardware/locks changed out, getting appliances safely hooked up, and fixing sprinklers... just to name a few things. My mom was a HUGE help in helping me unpack and organize; and Derek was a HUGE help in painting my bedroom! Derek's not afraid of high ceilings, thank goodness! This little house has vaulted ceilings, and they're a little daunting to me. What would I do without all of their help?! I really am blessed to have such a supportive family.

I just had to show off my new house key-- it's pink, with a tiara and sequins! (Sorry about the glare, I forgot to turn off the flash.) I've always had a thing for tiaras, as my friends can attest. I realized a few years ago that you don't have to be a beauty queen to own a tiara. When you're in your thirties, you can BUY one-- and a good one at that! When do I wear it, you ask? Whenever I want. :) I've worn it when cleaning the house-- even when cleaning the toilet. You'd be surprised how a tiara can make even the most menial task a little more decadent. Anyway, I highly recommend buying a tiara! (Yes, YOU Marsha-- one with PINK sparkles!)

Back to the house... this is the front entrance to my new home. It's a courtyard! The front door is actually around the corner to the right, but you can't see it from here. This courtyard has so much potential! It was overgrown with vines, but we've got those under control now. I can't wait to make it cozy and inviting. I'd love to put a bistro table and chairs out here-- or maybe Adirondack chairs? I really want to change the exterior house paint to tan with white trim-- and maybe I'll go with a blue door. I want the colors to be cohesive and flow throughout the house.

Well, just wanted to give you a little sneak peak of my new home. Don't worry, there will be more before/after pictures to come! Stay tuned, and hey-- thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

kathi said...

Your little house looks so cute in it's new spot! Love the colors you are choosing for your new home. I painted my kitchen aqua a while ago and I love it! Glad your family is helping you settle in and start decorating. Enjoy your new nest!

Kim G. said...

Congratulations on the new home Jill! So exciting!!!! Love that it has a courtyard, how cool is that!! Can't wait to see more before and afters!

Caseymini said...

Jill, the new house is beautiful. It is going to be even better when you get settled in. I like the new home of your pink house. The table that it sits on is perfect. Congratulations again!

kimsminiatures said...

Congrats on your new home Jill. I can't wait to see more. I know it is going to be lovely. Mini hugs!

SusannaT said...

Looking lovely.
The pink key is the bomb!

rosanna said...

Lovely Jill, really lovely. It will be warm and cozy. I was touched at the sight of your key: here in Italy house keys are mostly like bank safe ones.We used strenghted doors with bars and irons over here. There are not many robbings but we got accustomed to it. I wish I could have a simple, plain pink key like yours.Hugs Rosanna

Kim said...

Oh Jill- how exciting!!! I love the picture of the entrance- what a nice and inviting new home you have!

Love your house key too:)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just a pic of the front gate and I'm already envious. Can't wait for more pictures!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I can't wait to see it all painted and decorated! Your house is really cute, Jill, it is totally you!!

Have you gone to Home Goods yet?

I have a challenge for you over on my blog!

Hugs, Marsha